Monday 28 October 2013

Math Placement Exam Advice?

I recently took the Math Placement Exam and did not to as well as I thought I did. I'm going into Engineering next year and am in AP Calculus AB right now in high school. I got a 20 out of 33 on the MPE, which did not put me in the Math 151 category. I can take it again in 30 days and hopefully then I can get the score needed to take Math 151. Otherwise, worst case scenario, I have to totally regress and go back to taking pre-calc (I aced this junior year) and be a complete semester behind. This is my worry. I do NOT want to be in that position.

I have no problem taking their recommended Just in Time program in college, I just want to be able to take Math 151. Does anyone know, is the MPE the same every time you take it, or is it a different test? I think I struggled mostly on the algebra based part of it.

Any suggestions or comments about this? It makes me feel incredibly stupid that I wasn't able to pass, especially given the fact that I'm doing fine in Calculus AB.

0 comments:

Post a Comment